Thursday 8 July 2010

Finally Filey part 1



It was Saturday 15th May that Sarah, Adam, Noah and I set off for a weeks holiday in a caravan park in Filey, we arrived in the afternoon and got settled in, the caravan was spacious with all the mod con's. After shopping and eating we took a walk to the cliffs behind the park, wow it's the first time I have seen cliffs on the coast. The scenery was awesome. To the left you could see Scarborough and to the right Bempton cliffs which are the tallest cliffs on the East Coast.

Sunday we went into Filey and had a walk along to beach I was hoping to find some rare shells but all I found was a hen's egg shell, Adam and I decided it must have come from sea chickens!!! We also found one or two remains of dead birds and fish it was all a bit gruesome really. We were going to walk along the brig but decided against it as it was so slippy. We called in a lovely cafe called the Lighthouse we all had a treat I had a banana split but when it came it had chocolate on it so I had to send it back, the owner was lovely he said there was three of his staff in the back all with a spoon each tucking into it, mine was lovely I don't get treats like that often. We had a walk through the park and Adam and Sarah had a go on the whirly thing it was hilarious,















 I went off for a walk along the beach but it started raining so I headed back to the car when I got there Adam was out looking for me with my coat we saw him coming back through the park and he just had to have another go on the whirly in the rain I think he thought no one could see him. (It's good to know that God sees all I do and is watching out for me).

We went for a walk on the Monday morning along the cliffs


 


and then after lunch we had a drive over to Scarborough. It is a really lovely town with lots of boats and fishermen,

 and of course the usual tourist things like arcades, they also have a castle but we didn't have time to go there. We went along the beach and made a sand castle for Noah and wrote his name in the sand then we all stepped back and took a photo of him sat there in his pushchair bless him he didn't look impressed in fact he looked like he'd been deserted. Further down the beach someone had done sand sculptures of Wallace and Grommit, a crocodile, an elephant and a rhino they were really good the croc was my favourite. The journey home was hilarious Noah and I just couldn't stop laughing he kept pulling funny faces and making strange noises just to make me laugh and when I laughed he laughed. We just chilled out in the evening and played solo Adam and Sarah are getting good at it it's a shame though that there is never anyone for the fourth hand.

Tuesday we headed for Bridlington's North beach it was deserted as there was a mist that came right up to the front, you couldn't see the sea or the beach it really was quite erie so we headed for the South beach and that was the same so we had to go into town until it cleared. We had a bit of a drama as a seagull deposited it waste on Adam's back pack and it just spread out everywhere we all got some so it took us quite awhile to get cleaned up, but then it's not surprising as there was hundreds of them. We found a bench to sit and have lunch and then walked down to the beach unfortunately the tide was by now so far out that you could hardly see the sea. Adam and I went for a paddle and he gave his shirt a good wash in the sea.
 When Noah woke up from his nap Sarah put him on the sand, he thought this was great fun and he had a lovely time playing with his bucket and spade and feeling the sand in his fingers. Tonight we had a tv night just for a change after watching it though I think we all agreed that we know why we don't have one at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment